SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

3/23/2008

Picking up where KB left off...?


I love LOVE my "vintage" '94 Bontrager Race hardtail MTB. But when it dies, I'm going to get me one of these...

Enter COTIC from the UK. Making steel and Ti hardtail MTBs that look damn familiar. Like a Bonty but with modern attributes (9/8" headtubes, longer TTs, disk brake mounts, and designed for 100-130mm travel forks)!

Compare their steel Soul frame with a Bontrager Race/Racelite, also check their Ti Soda against a Ti Lite :

* Wishbone rear seatstays. Check!
* Frame gussets. Check!
* 71/74 angles. Check!

Not a direct copy, but familiar enough to make me want one!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for that link. Those are really nice looking frames. I like the use of the "KGB" dropouts - reminds me of the old Ibis Ti Mojo.

7:58 AM  
Blogger jim g said...

Hmmm. I just realized that it looks like their frames are disk-only; no canti studs in sight. Bummer. At any rate, I think I have that Ti jones again...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Tarik Saleh said...

Paul sadoff used to make dead ringer "nontragers". He may still:
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/2007_Nontrager.htm

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home