SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

2/04/2008

Goodbye Sheldon


In case you haven't yet heard, our friend, colleague, and guru Sheldon Brown passed away last night from a heart attack. I never met the man, but have "known" him via the Internet for many years -- he helped me many times with technical bicycle questions, both via personal email and through his extensive web site. I was in Boston a couple of years ago, and didn't take the time to travel out to Harris Cyclery to try to meet him...now of course I wish that I had. Sheldon, you will be missed and certainly never forgotten!

Rob H. puts it most eloquently!

Did you know Sheldon had a MySpace page? I didn't!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

*shock*

I knew he was in poor health, but that's still a shock to learn. He will be sorely sorely missed.

11:34 AM  
Blogger James T said...

Very sad news indeed. Sheldon will be missed by many who never had the opportunity to meet him, but benefited from his knowledge.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home