SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

8/07/2006

If it ain't broke...

...don't fix it! Well, in this case I didn't follow that advice. Last weekend I converted my Nishiki Sport back into a fixed gear, and rode fixed to work all last week. AaaaahhhHHH! I'd forgotten how nice riding fixed is for city riding -- the ability to modulate/control your speed instantly w/o relying on the brakes is SO nice. As is the improved track-stand-action being able to pedal backwards yields. I started riding that bike as a single speed and it was nice. A couple of times, I've added gears to the bike (both 6 and 12) and it just didn't feel right. Fixing it makes it really come into its own!

Date: every weekday
Mileage: approx 5
Bike: Nishiki Sport
Time: 9am - 6pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home