SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

6/04/2006

6.3.2006 -- Ride to The Re-Cyclery


The Re-Cyclery
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop.
Carlos and I did a mixed-terrain ride over to San Rafael to visit the Re-Cyclery bike shop. This is a somewhat legendary SF Bay area shop, supposedly a place where you can rummage a bit and find some killer deals. I didn't find anything too amazing, but I did pick up a seatpost and a couple of cable adjusters, both for the Fuji Cross frameset I just got. The Re-Cyclery did have a lot of fun stuff (1-1/4" MTB quill stems, a bucketful of C'dale Pepperoni forks, another bucketful of various sus-fork crowns+steerers). They had a couple of really nice old tandems that I wanted if I had a spare $1200. They had some 80s/early-90s road bikes but wanted $600-800 for them, which I thought kinda pricey. A nice Softride stem was in the display case for $50. Overall, things were very well organized -- it's definitely the place I'm going from now on for that esoteric part I sometimes need.

We also saw a live rattlesnake on a trail in the Marin Headlands -- that was a first for me. We lunched at a place called Giant Burger just outside of San Anselmo -- not bad and definitely lives up to its name!

Date: 6.3.2006
Mileage: 50
Bike: Cdale
Time: 10am-4:30pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home