SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

5/16/2009

Stinson Beach Mixter Ride


On Bobcat Trail
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop
I'm trying to get back in the habit of blogging about the rides I do...been somewhat lax on that lately! On Saturday I met up with Greg and Carlos at 7am at the Golden Gate Bridge. We'd planned to do Carlos' La Baby Ruta Loca route, but switched things up at the last minute. We rolled across the bridge, up Conzelman Rd, took up Bobcat Trail through the Marin Headlands, then jogged through Mill Valley and hopped on Old Railroad Grade up to West Point Inn, where we took a break. We dropped down to Pantoll Range Station for water, after which Carlos turned back due to a twinging knee. Greg and I forged ahead, dropping down Coastal Trail towards Hwy 1 then heading north along the coast, exploring the Steep Ravine camping area and passing through Stinson Beach. We climbed back up over Bolinas Ridge via BoFax Rd to Alpine Dam, continued on BoFax to Fairfax, where we rolled homewards via the usual paved route. 6:30am to 5:30pm, around 83 miles.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Jim,

Nice post, I'm wanting to do some similar riding on my RB-T, I'm wondering what tires you would recommend for some sporty mixter riding. For some reason I feel the Pasela's are a little too lame.
Michael

12:42 PM  
Blogger jim g said...

Michael, for 700C wheels I really like the WTB All-Terrainasarus, in the largest width that'll fit your frame. I run a 38mm up front and a 35mm in the rear -- I like the slight bit of extra grip and cushion that the wider front tire offers...I don't have room for anything wider in the rear of my bike.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home