SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

4/23/2007

Nearly Finished!

After too many days of measuring, cutting, filing, cursing, drilling, gluing, and bleeding, my dual Cree XR-E bicycle headlamp is nearing completion! I am super-excited and can't wait to show it off -- here's a sneak peak at the aluminum light housing during construction. I'm using thick-wall 1-1/4" square aluminum tubing as the basis for the light head unit, following a design similar to this one. To finish things off, I need to glue the LEDs onto the housing, carefully aligning the collimator lenses in the process. I also need to do some soldering to complete the wiring, and then cram everything inside the housing. Sealing the transparent acrylic lens cover over the LEDs will be the final step. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home